Friday, March 15, 2013

The Incredibles Make Me Smile :)

First and foremost, Edna Mode. I have a strange feeling that most of this post will be about her. She is not exactly the "most important" character in the movie, but definitely my favorite. She really is just hilarious, I love how such a small woman can carry so much fire in her eyes. Which, of course, she literally does when she shows Elastigirl her outfit. Her face is like a fat kid in a cake shop. On fire. Plus, she is voiced by a guy, Brad Bird. Ok, I'm impressed. If you want to see the full cast/crew of The Incredibles, click here. Back to Edna. I constantly use her quotes, like when she slapps Elastigirl across the face with a newspaper - multiple times, I might add - telling her to pull herself together. Of course, I don't always have a newspaper on hand, so I sometimes just use rolled up math homework. Just kidding...maybe...ok next quote! In fact, I have a nice picture for this one:

Photo courtesy of: www.curls-studio.com/sketchbeforesleep
I totally drew that. Ok, maybe not. I don't really have artistic talent. I also have better handwriting than that. I love this quote because no matter how much you screw up during your past, your future is an open adventure. There's no need to dwell on what happened, just move forward. Or, in Edna's case, it means I know I made that suit for you but now I'm embarrassed by it. Let's never speak of it again. Ok, next person. Jack Jack! The kid who can turn into a ball of iron or catch on fire and turn into a mini flaming devil whenever his parent aren't looking, but can't even swallow his food when they are. Funny kid. So, I watched the Jack Jack Attack extra video and wow, the kid can really handle himself. Especially considering his babysitter was Syndrome, his Dad's nemesis. His old man could really learn a thing or two from him. Speaking of which, Syndrome! He started out as Mr. Incredible's biggest fan back in his 'Glory Days", then when he was bullied by Incredible and kicked out, he went rogue. I have no clue if I'm using that word right, it just sounds right, so don't judge. Syndrome then actually turned from Buddy to Syndrome. He invented a bunch of intense gear so he could become a "super" hero. I really only like this guy because of his line in Jack Jack Attack when he says that the S on his suit stood for sitter, and he couldn't have don baby sitter because, well, BS. Even through I didn't even get to the actual super family, except of Jack Jack, I think that just those three are enough to make you smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment