Friday, May 17, 2013

Incredible Detectives Make Me Smile :)

These detectives I speak of go by the names of Shawn Spencer and Sherlock Holmes. I watched Sherlock Holmes a Game of Shadows tonight, and I realized how alike Shawn and Sherlock are. They are both people who have incredible abilities to see every detail around them and be humorous while doing so. The only difference is, Shawn pretends he is a psychic so he can get a job, whereas Sherlock just says screw this, I'm british and awesome. Who needs money? But he somehow still seems to have money, which I feel like he just scams people out of and mooches from Watson. Watson and Gus are alike as well, they are the assistants who are still awesome and who have actual lives outside of the detective/psychic work. Watson gets married, Gus works as a pharmaceutical salesman, they would still be set for life without the fun work they do with Sherlock and Shawn. But the real question is, what if Shawn and Gus and Sherlock and Watson met?

Photo Courtesy of: fanpop.com

I feel like Shawn would get punched in the face then friended, because that is just how strange Sherlock is. Sherlock would probably also realize how Shawn is a fake psychic who has the same type of abilities as he does. Except, Shawn can kind of see the past from things he finds, and Sherlock can see what will happen in certain situations, so they are kind of the opposite. Which is strange, because Shawn advertises himself as someone who can see the future, but that person is really Sherlock. A bunch of people have things all over the internet about how Psych and the Sherlock movies are similar but I could only read like one of them because the school computer blocks everything and I am too lazy to use another device with internet. But, because I came up with the idea very recently, mine is obviously the best idea. Don't tell the others though. I now realize that my post was about how they make me smile, and I haven't really said anything about that. So, let it be known that everything I have said above makes me smile, and I hope that incredible detectives like Shawn and Sherlock make you smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment